|Chicken South Indian Style|
**Chicken South Indian Style**
from Bal Arneson
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup dried curry leaves*
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon sambar powder*
- 1 teaspoon asafoetida*
- 1 teaspoon red chile powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cubed
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- *Can be found at specialty Asian and Indian markets.
2. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, and water and cook until chicken is done, about 8 minutes.
3. Serve the chicken with Jasmine rice.